Attendees can log in to the iPlanner or CE Portal to access any of the following certificates after noting their participation:
- Continuing Medical Education Certificate – available for physicians who would like to receive CME credits for their participation at the Meeting.
- Certificate of Participation – all other attendees may request a Certificate of Participation after recording their session participation. Please note that all final decisions regarding certificate acceptance toward any licensure requirements will be made by the licensing organization to which the certificate is submitted.
- Certificate of Attendance – Attendees can download a Certificate of Attendance from the Attendee Resource Center if they need a record of their attendance at the Meeting but do not require documentation for continuing education purposes. Please note that this certificate does not award any continuing education credits.
For instructions on how to claim credit and access certificates, please see the ‘Meeting Feedback and Credit Claim Instructions’ section.
Meeting Feedback and Credit Claim Instructions
Every participant is encouraged to submit a Meeting Feedback Form, provide session ratings, and access certificates for the Meeting through the CE Portal. Your feedback is utilized by leadership to enhance programs, develop new initiatives, gauge educational impact, and plan for future meetings.
- To provide feedback on a specific session
- Log into the CE Portal using your ASCO.org username and password
- Select a session by searching by time or track
- Select “Rate This Session” to submit feedback on each session you attend
- To access certificates and claim credit
- Log in to the CE Portal usring your ASCO.org username and password
- Select appropriate meeting and your role
- Select "CME Certificate" to claim credit and download the certificate
- To give overall feedback on the meeting
- Log in to the CE portal using your ASCO.org username and password
- Select "Provide Meeting Feedback" to submit your feedback on the meeting
Accreditation and Designation Statement
In support of improving patient care, the American Society of Clinical Oncology is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
AMA Credit Designation Statement – Physicians
The American Society of Clinical Oncology designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
All other attendees may request a Certificate of Participation after submitting their session participation. Please note that all final decisions regarding certificate acceptance toward any licensure requirements will be made by the licensing organization to which the certificate is submitted.
AAPA/NCCPA Credit Designation Statement – PAs
PAs may claim for a maximum of 6.75 Category 1 credits for completing this activity. NCCPA accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society.
All non-physician attendees are welcome to submit a request for a Certificate of Participation, which may enable non-physicians to apply their meeting participation toward re-licensure. Please note, however, that all final decisions regarding certificate acceptance will be made by the licensing organization to which the certificate is submitted.
This Conference is designed for professionals involved in the business and management of oncology practices, including practice leadership, practice physician managing partners, practice administrators/managers, physicians in practice, ASCO PracticeNET participants, ASCO State/Regional Affiliate members, medical directors, oncology program directors, oncology service line administrators, nurse managers/clinical managers, consultants, and industry stakeholders.
Educational Needs Statement
The ASCO Oncology Practice Conference is a one-day forum that allows administrators and healthcare professionals to participate in a stimulating dialogue and to receive crucial updates on the business aspect of cancer care. With ever-changing regulatory legislations and standards, healthcare professionals and administrators will benefit from these updates so that they can improve how they provide patient care and with optimal treatment.
Upon participation in this activity, attendees will be able to
- Identify the immediate steps needed for practices to effectively respond to the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA) requirements;
- List strategies to address practice challenges brought about by changes in the administrative, regulatory, and legal environments to care for patients with cancer;
- Compare and contrast the financial and administrative implications of participation in MACRA using the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) versus Alternative Payment Models (APMs);
- Evaluate the impact of various medical delivery methods and apply the lessons learned to optimize the sustainability of practice and be able to achieve the practice’s mission; and
- Describe implications of consolidation for practices, payers, industry, and patients and the select strategies to effectively address the business challenges in cancer care and treatment.
Disclaimer and Unlabeled Usage Statement
The information presented is that of the contributing faculty and presenters and does not necessarily represent the views of the Symposium and/or any named company or organization providing financial support. Specific therapies discussed may not be approved and/or specified for use as indicated by the faculty or presenters. Therefore, before presenting any medication, please review the complete prescribing information including indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, and adverse effects.
ASCO and Conquer Cancer gratefully awknowledge the following companies for their support of the 2018 ASCO Oncoloy Practice Conference: